Thursday 13 June 2013

Request: Quilted Nail Art

I recently received a request to film a video on how to create a quilted nail art look. After thinking about it I came up with three different ways to create the look.


1. The first was about the contrast of the colours, I used two different shades of pink and some striping tape to make sure I was able to get really neat lines.

2. For the second design I played about with texture, I painted my nail all black, gave it about 15 minutes so that the surface was dry and then used some flossing tape to carefully press into the polish to create a textured, quilted look.

3. Finally for the third I played about with different finishes. I used a teal for this one and finished off my nails with a matte polish. I then grabbed a long, thin nail art brush and a gloss top coat and painted on the quilted pattern.

I finished off each design with little silver balls to emphasise the quilted look.


My favourite is definitely the pink one. The striping tape makes sure that the lines stay really crisp and clean and the contrast of the colours makes it stand out a little more. Although, if you prefer either of the other two designs, remember NOT to put a top coat on as this will just completely hide all your hard work!

As ever, let me know what you think and if you try any of my designs then I would love to see a photo! :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment