Sunday 2 June 2013

Ikat Inspired Nail Art

I feel like I've been absent from the internet for ages and am making a vow to properly get back to uploading videos on a slightly more regular schedule, starting today!

I found this video saved on my computer that I filmed absolutely ages ago but just hadnt got round to editing so today I gotten into gear and edited/voice overed (if that's even a word!) and uploaded all this afternoon!



As I said I filmed this ages ago but as the weather is starting to get warm where I am I figured it's still relevant as it is a very spring/summery design.

I love the ikat design as you can play about with the colour as much as you like, making it either very uniform or as crazy as you fancy having each nail a different colour! I decided to use three main colours that were all really summery! Along with OPI's Alpine Snow and a black nail art polish I also used Max Factors 'Pretty In Pink', Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple' and 'OMP!' by Nails Inc (although I think this colour was made as a limited edition as a freebie for a magazine).



The design is super easy to do and as ever I would love if you sent me any re-creations as it's great seeing your take on the nail art design! You can find me on all the usual places (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest) all under 'iBeautyBoutique'...come say hi!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment