Monday 1 October 2012

Chameleon Nail Polish

Happy 1st of October!

Whilst in Superdrug recently I came accross the new range of nail effects from Barry M, 'Barry M Chameleon Colour Changing Nail Effects'. The idea of this polish is that when painted on the nail it changes colour when a clear top coat is added.

http://www.facebook.com/ILoveBarryM
A long while ago I purchased a similar sounding thing by Jessica in the shade 'Cheap Trick' and although I absolutely LOVE the colour it ended up, to be honest, there wasn't a huge difference in the 'before and after', it just became a slightly deeper.

I decided I would give it a try as with all their polishes they are very good value (this one being only £3.99) so I chose the pink (which changes to purple) and I am actually very impressed! I like that they have managed to completely change the colour with the top coat rather than just make it a deeper or darker shade of the same colour and I love the colour that it turns into.




The one tip that I would note if you were wanting to use a clear top coat to add some nail art or create a fun french tip is that a clear top coat with a thicker consistency works a lot better. For some reason when I was playing around with it a thin top coat will work for covering the whole nail but if you wanted to add dots or stripes a thin top coat doesn't seem to change the colour a whole lot.

If you want to see how it works check out my video below:


Let me know if you have tried any of these and what you think!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment