Tuesday 18 June 2013

Getting The Matte Look

A while back I made a video for a nail art design that I saw Kelly Osbourne had been sporting 'Matte Black With Glossy French Tip' since then this video has been watched a lot, with thanks to my lovely subscribers!!


(and Kim Kardashian for also loving this look!) but the main question that I get asked is where you can get a matte top coat.



The first matte top coat that I bought and used in this video was by Rimmel London.

It's called 'Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat' and is very affordable at £4.59 and worked great in the video although now that I have had it a while it seems to have stopped working quite so well and doesn't always give a very matte finish.

I have since bought OPI's matte top coat and absolutley love it.

It has a slightly higher price tag of £11.50 but the finish it gives somehow seems a lot more matte and the change from a glossy colour happens a lot faster.

If you are looking for a matte top coat I would definitely say that OPI has taken the edge out of these two with this although if you only want to try the look out and don't think you will get much more wear out of that look the Rimmel one isn't bad for the price and will help you re-create that look if that's all your buying it for. If you are planning on having a play about with it though and creating some nail designs yourself I suggest splashing out and treating yourself to the higher end OPI alternative.

I have searched out some other alternatives for anyone that can't get hold of OPI or Rimmel London which I will list below although have not tried myself:

Rimmel London - Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat - £4.59
Nubar - Matte Finish Topcoat - £7.95
Essie - Matte About You - £8.99
Mavala - Colour Matte Top Coat - £9.50
Ciate - Mattnificent Matte Top Coat - £11
OPI - OPI Matte Top Coat - £11.50
Nails Inc - Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat - £12
Deborah Lippmann - Flat Top Matte Maker Top Coat - £16

Let me know if you have tried any of the other matte polishes and what you thought of them!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment